Our neuro rehab program is designed to improve function, reduce limitations and improve overall well-being following onset of neurological impairment (e.g.; Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Tumours, Dementia, Other Neurodegenerative Diseases).
Our program addresses physical, cognitive and psycho-social impairments following neurological impairment. Our Therapists begin by completing a comprehensive assessment and then work with you to implement a treatment program to help you improve your functional status and return to your activities of daily living.
- Comprehensive assessment
- Return to activities of daily living programming
- Cognitive treatment (compensation and remediation)
- Pain management
- Exercise programming
- Assistive device prescription and training
- Assistive technology prescription and training
- Seating clinic offering wheelchair assessment and prescription
- Home accessibility assessments
- Hand therapy / Upper Extremity Physical Rehabilitation
- Slow to Recover / Coma Stimulation program
- Yoga Therapy
In addition, we are proud to offer MyndMove, Functional Muscle Electrical Stimulation for upper extremity rehabilitation following stroke or spinal cord injury. MyndMove is the first system to provide functional electrical stimulation for the full arm with the ability to execute reaching, grasp and fine motor control of the hand. MyndMove is a non-invasive rehabilitation therapy that combines patient participation, therapist expertise, and functional electrical stimulation to treat patients suffering from upper limb paralysis.
As a complement to our traditional occupational therapy neuro-rehab services, we are now pleased to offer:
- Massage Therapy